U-M Policies Overview
The following U-M policies relate to patenting, copyright, and other tech transfer issues.
- Regents Bylaw 3.10 address U-M ownership of patents, copyrights, computer software, and other property rights.
- The U-M Technology Transfer Policy implements Bylaw 3.10 and further defines ownership, distribution, and commercialization rights associated with IP developed at or received by U-M, and describes the general obligations associated with the technology licensing process.
- U-M's Student Ownership Policy highlights U-M's policies and practices concerning student IP.
- U-M's Guidelines on Which Unit Handles Copyrighted Materials guide U-M creators to the proper U-M unit for assisting with copyrights held by U-M.
- U-M's Copyright Ownership Policy addresses ownership of copyrighted works created at or in affiliation with U-M.
Tech Transfer representatives are available to assist you in answering questions related to these policies or directing you to the proper resource.
Printed from: http://www.techtransfer.umich.edu/resources/policies_overview.php